Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 111
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: DOHA 12 now available  (Read 13848 times)

Old Bill

• Ink Slinger
Re: DOHA 12 now available
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »

Great review, Lance.  I agree with Seely...watch out James Patterson, the competition is heating up.

Old Bill

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
New post on Ciminal Element: The Straits
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 06:47:16 PM »

I’m consorting with the Criminal Element again, this time with a profile on the Australian gangster TV series The Straits:

Things we think about when we think of Australia: kangaroos, the Sydney Opera House, endless beaches, tropical reefs, Paul Hogan, Anna Torv (or Elle Macpherson, if you’re of a certain age).

Things we don’t think about when we think of Australia: meth smuggling, organized crime, biker gangs, human trafficking, torture, mob hits.

The Straits is about the things we don’t think about.

Read the rest of the article here.
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook
Paperback: Amazon | B&N

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
DOHA 12 now on Nook and Kobo
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 05:23:44 PM »

Doha 12 is now available for Nook in the U.S. and UK, and on Kobo worldwide.

If you've wanted an e-book edition but don't have a Kindle, your wait is over.
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
DOHA 12 now available on iTunes
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 04:51:46 PM »

The ePub edition of Doha 12 is now available on iTunes for reading on your iPad, iPod or iPhone.

To recap: you can also read Doha 12 on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and paper.
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

B L McAllister

• Ink-Stained Wretch
Re: DOHA 12 now available on iTunes
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »

The ePub edition of Doha 12 is now available on iTunes for reading on your iPad, iPod or iPhone.

To recap: you can also read Doha 12 on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and paper.
In whatever form you read it, you'll be glad you did.
Byron
Byron Leon McAllister.
Books by Byron and Kay McAllister can most easily be obtained as e-books or in print from the publisher at http://www.writewordsinc.com/ For "Undercover Nudist," the print version is an improved version of the ebook version. The others are the same in both formats.

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 01:04:45 AM »

Thanks, Byron!  ;D
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
New post on Criminal Element: Addicted to Addicted Detectives
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »

Once more, I’m consorting with the Criminal Element. This installment is a think piece about why so many literary detectives are addicts.

Crime fiction is cheerfully described as an addiction by many of its fans, including such diverse personalities as Sigmund Freud and Woodrow Wilson. Just as neurochemical addicts have an endless menu of obsessions to gorge on (alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, gambling, chocolate, sex…), crimefic addicts have an ever-growing and -mutating variety of subgenres to sample. But one sub-subgenre has been with us since the beginning: the literary detective hooked on his or her own addiction, fighting crime as well as the DTs or withdrawal.

DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

B L McAllister

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 03:17:49 PM »

One thing your article asks is "But why do readers stick with these afflicted characters?" I wonder if the secret isn't really that we tolerate rather than (even to the slightest extent) admire or identify with the weaknesses you describe just because we are stuck with them if we want to read about the protagonists talents in the area of crime detection. That's true of me, for one, and I'm not prepared to assume I'm particularly unusual.
Byron Leon McAllister.
Books by Byron and Kay McAllister can most easily be obtained as e-books or in print from the publisher at http://www.writewordsinc.com/ For "Undercover Nudist," the print version is an improved version of the ebook version. The others are the same in both formats.

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »

That could be, though I have to think that if we really objected to it, we'd stop reading those series.

I can't deal with Nesbo's Harry Hole books anymore. The hero is just so dysfunctional, I can't care anymore. I got that way about Dave Robicheaux after a while, too. There are enough detectives out there who are at least functioning human beings that I don't feel a need to keep up with the train wrecks anymore.
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
Criminal Element: Line of Duty review
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 01:36:39 PM »

I’m involved in another flirtation with the Criminal Element. This time, it’s a review of a limited-run BBC2 cop-noir series, Line of Duty:

The normal British TV depiction of police work goes something like this: the hero DI or DCI and his trusty sidekick badger witnesses and arrest the wrong person a third of the way through the program before finally running down the culprit. If Internal Affairs appears at all, it’s as some annoying git who yaps at Our Hero’s heels and makes his pursuit of truth and justice more arduous than normal, before the IA git is finally shown the door.

But what if the IA git was the good guy? What if the hero detective was a showboating philanderer? And what if the entire system of British policing was portrayed as being rife with internecine squabbling, backbiting, fear and loathing, naked ambition, self-serving cover-ups, bureaucratic make-work and a complete inability to protect and serve the public? What would that show be like?

Line of Duty (available on Hulu in the U.S.) is what it would be like.

DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
Criminal Element: Crossing Lines
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »

I'm caught up in the Criminal Element again. This time, I consider the case of Crossing Lines:

Crossing Lines, NBC’s ten-episode Eurocrime entry into the summer-series derby, probably sounded like a great idea in the pitch meeting. Crime! Europe! Sexy cops! Paris! Donald Sutherland! Europe! The short-run series has done great things for basic cable, and the form’s limited scope (and cost) allows a network to try something new without needing it to become a blockbuster, so this makes all kinds of business sense for NBC. But how does the series work as a story? Well…

DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
DOHA 12 half-price sale!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 12:41:40 AM »

Doha 12 is available for half-price 5-7 August! For the next three days, the e-book editions are on sale for $1.99 in the US, Canada and Australia (regularly $3.99), £1.30 in the UK (regularly £2.49), €1.50 in the Eurozone (regularly €3.25), and ¥200 in Japan (regularly ¥349).

Doha 12 is available in MOBI and ePub editions for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iPad/iPod/iPhone and Tolino. (Note that some third-party outlets, such as WH Smith, may not feature this special pricing.)
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
Guest post on Murder Lab blog
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »

Are you allergic to HTML code? Break out in hives at text markup? My new guest post for the Murder Lab blog might make you a tiny bit less phobic.

Here’s the good news: as an author, you don’t need to be able to build websites in HTML. Let Wordpress or Blogger take care of all that plumbing.

Here’s the bad news: as an author, you still need to know some basics about it.

Don't you feel better already?

Read the post at http://www.murderlab.com/2013/08/extremely-basic-html-for-people.html.
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
DOHA 12 on NovelTravelist
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 02:50:46 AM »

I’m a guest blogger this week on NovelTravelist.com, a site that concerns itself with the intersection between fiction and travel. In my post, I describe how I researched the interior of Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station, site of a big three-way shootout between Doha 12’s heroes Jake and Miriam, the Hezbollah hit team on their trail, and the Mossad team chasing Hezbollah. The process wasn’t as straightforward as you might think.

Read my post, then poke around and see some of the other good stuff. Enjoy.
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook

Lance Charnes

• Ink Slinger
    • Wombat Group
DOHA 12 now on Scribd
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »

Doha 12 is available on Scribd!

If you're already a subscriber, you can read it as part of your monthly fee. If you're not, Scribd allows you to read as many books as you like for $8.99 a month, with a free month up front.

Doha 12 is available here: http://www.scribd.com/book/213898260/Doha-12
DOHA 12
On Kindle and Nook

Twitter | Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

* Calendar
March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal