Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read this important notice about the November 2018 outage.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 64
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New crime fic podcast  (Read 5382 times)

Angie

• Hack
New crime fic podcast
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:35:18 PM »

Okay, this is BSP-ish...but not really. I've started up a weekly podcast on crime fiction called "In for Questioning." The first show is an interview with MWF's own Daniel Hatadi. We talk about why he started up Crimespace, his writing, and his music. Daniel also reveals how he'd off Professor Plum, his opinion on the general scariness of dingoes (sp?!), and the genesis for his song "Dead Rubber Chicken." This week's show is an interview with Edgar-nominated author, Cornelia Read. We talked about the writer's "devil critic," the People's  Republic of Cornelia, how to turn an innocent laundry basket into a murder weapon, and Cornelia's version of a ferret Rapture. Basically, I'm having a lot of fun chatting with some of the cool folks in the crime fiction community. Next up is Scottish author, agent, & editor, Allan Guthrie. Oh, and the entire month of October will focus on paranormal/horror/crime fiction. I've got some great peeps coming in - Charlie Huston, Tom Piccirilli, John Connolly (fingers crossed - still waiting to schedule, but he's said yes!), Anne Frasier, & Stephen Blackmoore (reader & aspiring writer who is working on a zombie noir novel).

So...if you want to check it out, you can hear the show here - http://inforquestioning.blogspot.com/
Oh, and Daniel's got the Crimespace music player on the main page pointed to the podcast, and the show is also available for download off iTunes.

End BSP.......BEEP!

Angie

Ingrid

• Wordsmith
    • The Official IJ Parker site
Re: New crime fic podcast
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 01:47:49 PM »

Sounds very cool, Angie.

Lee Lofland

• Expositor
    • www.leelofland.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:50:33 PM »

Sounds great, and it looks like you have a star-studded cast lined up. Good luck.
There are no perfect crimes, merely imperfect investigations.

www.leelofland.com

Angie

• Hack
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:29:10 AM »

The response has been amazing. I've got folks lined up through mid-January! Lots of awesome writers, readers, reviewers, etc. Only one author didn't respond - the rest all said yes. Truthfully, I was surprised at how easy it was. And yes, I've got some of my personal favs willing to sit in the hot seat - Ken Bruen, Mark Billingham, Duane Swierczynski, and Megan Abbott among them. I love this community! ;D

Angie

Elena

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 01:08:49 PM »

Angie - I was going to say the usual best wishes and then I went NO, my day is totally free, let me listen in so I can say it with (my) authority.  First of all, you have the most wonderful laugh - if you could bottle it I'd be first in line - forget the patchouli!  Daniel and Cornelia were both great and your thoughtful prep polished them both to a shining light.  Well Done   :D  :D  :D  :D

Can't wait for the next interview - I'll even stop writing to listen  ::)

Continued success,
Elena
"Head for the round house Maude, they can't corner us there!"

Angie

• Hack
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 06:27:03 PM »

So glad you enjoyed them, Elena! As for the laughter...well, I had so much fun with the interviews, I just couldn't help it.

Happy writing!

Angie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal