Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

MWF is on Twitter. Follow @MystryWrtrs for forum tweets. See who we're following.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Popcorn!  (Read 1313 times)

Bob Mueller

• Administrator
  • Ink-Stained Wretch
  • Benevolent Admin
    • More about me
Popcorn!
« on: October 13, 2007, 07:11:10 PM »

Am I allowed to spam my own forum?  :)

Girl Scouts have their popcorn sales for fundraising. Boy Scouts have POPCORN!

Two of my boys are new to Cub Scouts this year, and are helping support Pack 412 in Darbydale, Ohio in the annual popcorn sale. We can't get to some of you to see if you want to order, so there's a website! Trail's End has created a website where you can order popcorn all year round, and by entering a code, a particular Scout or Troop/Pack will get the credit for the sale. The boys codes are TEJA6S6 and TEJA6TN.

There are quite a few varieties available, from Incredible Butter and Incredible Butter to Gourmet Caramel Corn, Chocolatey Caramel Crunch, Gourmet Cheddar Cheese Corn, and the Savory & Sweet 3-way Tin (also available in an OSU commemorative tin). The butter flavored popcorn is diacetyl-free.

If you want popcorn, and would rather support a Pack or Troop closer to you, there's a lookup on the site where you can choose another Council.

If you like popcorn, and want to support Scouting, this is the way to do it. On average, 70% of the funds raise support local troops and packs. The site is available all year long.

(Back to lurk mode)
--
Bob

Sometimes it takes therapy to put the past behind you. Other times, it takes a 20 gallon trash bag and a couple of cinder blocks.

Brenda B.

• Wordsmith
Re: Popcorn!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 05:06:46 PM »

;D  ;D Sounds yummy BOB!!! I think you meant Girl Scouts have cookie sales, but you seem to have popcorn on your mind.

I would LOVE to buy some but I'm on a diet to lose weight before our cruise to Alaska next year, and the DH has diveticulosis and can't have popcorn. Drat it all! Hmmmm, maybe Christmas presents for the office......
I'll bookmark that site!
Purchase the Alex Masters Mystery series consisting of: Dead Birds Don't Sing, JailBird, A Bird By Any Other Name, and SwanSong at writewordsinc.com or amazon.com
"Dead Birds..." and "Jailbird" are now available in print!

jnichols

• Cub
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 08:43:25 AM »

At the Cape Fear Crime Festival, I tried selling the "World's Finest" Chocolate bars for my daughter's middle school band. I only managed to sell one and they're only a dollar!  Some sales person I am. Although I think it helps if you've got the kid with you. When 9 year old Bobby from across the cul-de-sac showed up at our doorstep dressed in his Boy Scout uniform with his mother beside him, it was impossible for me to say no.

Oh, anyone want to buy a chocolate bar?

judy

Peg H

• Ink Slinger
    • Doggoned Mysteries
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »

Our city's trick or treat night was Friday and it poured so we didn't get near as many trick or treaters as usual.  Buy a chocolate bar?  Not me, I have a ton of candy left over! ;D

Peg H who has had a major chocolate buzz since Friday night. :o
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you haven’t tried before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 46 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal