Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read this important notice about the November 2018 outage.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer request  (Read 7126 times)

Brenda B.

• Wordsmith
Re: Prayer request
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 09:42:51 AM »

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone. Back to the ortho yesterday and because of the fall Tue. evening his shoulder is now bruised. Ah well. Dr. added a wide ace bandage to keep arm strapped to his side and changed Rx to Percoset. Single pill didn't work in early afternoon, hoping two did the trick over night, but as he was sleeping (I think) when I left this morning, can't be certain. An entire week of school missed to be made up...ugh.

I know this was nothing compared to what many of your are going through now. At the time I just needed support because as many of you realize, it's hard to see someone you love in pain as he was that evening. I thank you all for that. It's an important part of why I come here.

Brenda
Purchase the Alex Masters Mystery series consisting of: Dead Birds Don't Sing, JailBird, A Bird By Any Other Name, and SwanSong at writewordsinc.com or amazon.com
"Dead Birds..." and "Jailbird" are now available in print!

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Donna Parker's Home Page
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »

Dave, I'm sorry.  You and your family will be in my prayers, as well as Brenda's and Lee's.

God bless you!

Dave Freas

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 02:01:14 PM »

Thank you all for your support.  Knowing you all are here and caring has been a great consolation during this tough time.

Lee, I'm so glad to hear your brother is on the mend.  As others have said, there's nothing worse than someone you love hurting and you not being able to be there for them, to make it right, to care for them.

Brenda, glad to hear your son is mending.  He will be back to normal in no time.  Funny isn't it, how when your kids hurt, you hurt worse.

My mother was 91 years old, and except for a broken hip and very mild stroke 5 years ago, had been in very good health (she mowed her grass with a walking mower until she was 86 and had just finished making the stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner when the stroke hit.).  She died the way she would have wanted--quietly and without a big ado, just slipping away in her sleep.  I am sorry she's gone, and I will miss her, but I'm glad she didn't linger in a coma for weeks and months on end, dying a little each day.  She and my dad were married 59-1/2 years, and to see her go that way would have killed him.  So even in losing her, there are things to be thankful for.

Again, thank you all for your prayers.

Dave

Pomorzany

• Hack
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 02:40:17 PM »

May you all know no further sorrow. My heart is with you.

Jane Berman

Zara

• Ink Slinger
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2006, 10:04:12 PM »

Dave,
I was about to offer my heartfelt condolences to you when my computer jammed yesterday. So I made a prayer for you and your family as well a your mother. May she rest in peace. Whatever their age, it hurts to lose loved ones.

Lee,
Glad to see your brother is on the mend, he was in my prayers last night too. I have something in common with your wife, next year I'll be 32 years old too (and don't go on checking my profile, just take my word for it) Happy birthday.
Zara

Lee Lofland

• Expositor
    • www.leelofland.com
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2006, 10:10:39 PM »

Thanks, Zara.

My brother has made a total turn for the better. It's hard to believe he was unconscious and receiving massive doses of morphine and nitro just two days ago. Tonight, he was laughing, joking, and begging his doctor to allow him to return to work on Monday.

I thank all you for your concern, well-wishes, and prayer. It's tough being so far away from all family and friends, but it helps to know that you guys are here.

I hope everyone else is mending physically and mentally.
There are no perfect crimes, merely imperfect investigations.

www.leelofland.com

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Donna Parker's Home Page
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 02:53:36 PM »

Great news about your brother, Lee!

Lee Lofland

• Expositor
    • www.leelofland.com
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 04:01:56 PM »

Yes, it is! Thanks!

www.leelofland.com

Elena

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »

I am totally no good at this, but I am so happy for Lee and his family.  Dave, I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, it takes time and support.  And I am delighted that Brenda's son is on the mend that I got brave enough to say so.

Elena
"Head for the round house Maude, they can't corner us there!"

Dave Freas

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2006, 04:07:56 PM »

Lee, if you have any questions regarding your brother's medications, please don't hesitate to ask.

Brenda, how's your son doing?

Mom's memorial service Saturday wasn't without its excitement.

First off the storm that hit you all in the midwest arrived here Friday afternoon as ferocious downpours and hellacious winds.  Our power went out a little after 8 that night, and the power company told us it wouldn't be restored until 5 p.m. Saturday.  So, we start scrambling for ways to get four people (me, my wife, daughter, and son) cleaned and dressed for the service with no power.  Fortunately, it came back on about 11:30 that night.
Two hours before the service, the doctor's office across the street from the church caught fire and the streets around the church were blocked off.  We didn't know how bad it was, so we start doing a mad search for an alternate place to hold the service.  Mercifully, the fire turned out to be minor--a short in a vent fan-- and the service went off when and where as planned.

We think it was God telling Mom to get out of Heaven's kitchen and let the staff do their work.

Again, thanks to all who expressed their sympathy here over her passing.

Dave

Lee Lofland

• Expositor
    • www.leelofland.com
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2006, 07:17:06 PM »

Thanks again, Dave (and everyone else). My brother is feeling much better. He's still very short of breath, tired, and unable to do much. If you knew him and how active he is you'd see that this is a very trying time for him. He hates to sit still.  But, he knows just how close he came to being permanently still, so he's doing things properly.

Dave, I'm glad to hear that you were finally able to move forward with everything on Saturday. It sounds as if your Mom was determined to run that show. If she was anything like my mom was I'm not sure if there's room enough for both of them in that kitchen. They'll have to take turns or we'll surely see an abundance of thunderstorms next summer.

Brenda, how's the son making out? And, how have you been?

www.leelofland.com

Dave Freas

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 09:44:48 PM »

Dave, I'm glad to hear that you were finally able to move forward with everything on Saturday. It sounds as if your Mom was determined to run that show. If she was anything like my mom was I'm not sure if there's room enough for both of them in that kitchen. They'll have to take turns or we'll surely see an abundance of thunderstorms next summer.
And if Mom's not in the kitchen teaching them how to make her sticky buns right, she's hanging around the gates to heaven asking St. Peter if he'd like a glass of water or some cookies or a sandwich.

Dave

Brenda B.

• Wordsmith
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2006, 12:43:01 PM »

Dave, glad you all made it through the day in spite of all the interference from ... whomever!  ;)

Lee, hope your brother continues to improve and is soon back to his normal busy self.

Thanks all for asking about my son. Went back to school yesterday which was difficult, getting bumped and thumped here and there. But he also had his eyes opened to some friends he may not have realized he had as kids offered to take notes for him and even carry his back pack from one class to another.   As many of you have said, he's young, resilient and will bounce back. It's his first major injury and hard on all of us I guess. He hates being dependent on others ("Jeez, I can't believe I have to have my mom cut my meat.") We hate seeing him in pain.

Minor things though and we go along preparing, as it is the Advent season for us Lutherans. Preparing more for Christmas it seems than the 2nd coming. Christmas cards are mailed, all the gifts I intend to buy have been bought, mailed if need be. Bank account is too low, but pay day is coming. We are blessed!
Purchase the Alex Masters Mystery series consisting of: Dead Birds Don't Sing, JailBird, A Bird By Any Other Name, and SwanSong at writewordsinc.com or amazon.com
"Dead Birds..." and "Jailbird" are now available in print!

Ingrid

• Wordsmith
    • The Official IJ Parker site
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2006, 01:50:06 PM »

Well, glad there is some good news.

Ingrid

Lynette

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Lynette Hall Hampton
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 12:04:28 PM »

Hi Brenda,

I've been away for a while. I had several signings lined up and I had a deadline to meet. Sorry I didn't hear about your son until I logged on today. I'm glad he is doing better. here's a little prayer that he remains that way.

Lynette
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

* Calendar
April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal