Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New Profile Fields Available. More info here.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: SNOW!  (Read 7714 times)

ella

• Expositor
SNOW!
« on: January 21, 2007, 07:00:21 PM »

Tucson AZ, my backyard, 4:55 PM Sunday Jan 21,2007!

Ella

Dave Freas

• Ink-Stained Wretch
Re: SNOW!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:07:03 PM »

Tucson AZ, my backyard, 4:55 PM Sunday Jan 21,2007!

Ella

Send some my way!  Please!!

Dave

ella

• Expositor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:40:32 PM »

:D It snowed for over an hour. The roofs were covered, as were trees and brush. A few places on the ground held it before it melted. Soft, fluffy flakes, wet, heavy shapeless ones, various sizes, and apparently in several parts of town.  It was a real pleasure to see it. It's gone, now, so I guess I don't have to go buy a sled...  ;D
Ella

Susan August

• Ink Slinger
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 08:59:36 PM »

I am so excited to finally have winter here in NJ.  At last, the molds are dying and I can hopefully escape my allergies.  We've had a few days of flurries and white groundcover...well, barely, but enough to celebrate this year!

The only catch is that my daughter found the first patch of ice on Wednesday getting on the bus to class and broke her ankle!  Now, she is adding new dimensions to the definition of 'hop'...complete with crutches.  I've told her this is a great attention getter and thank goodness it happened in NJ, not while she was on semester abroad. 

Susan

ella

• Expositor
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:43:11 PM »

8:37 PM Sunday

A full inch of snow blankets my subdivision.

The trees are bowing to it, bushes deeply curtsying, and the night is silent.

I had forgotten how beautiful it is. I miss it.
Mira isn't sure of it, and doesn't want to be in it. Tomorrow...

Ella

Elena

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 03:04:15 AM »

1:52 AM

The snow plow has been going up and down the street for the last half hour turning the four to five inches of snow into three foot piles on the verge, along with what looks like an eight inch high Great Wall of China across the bottom of my already shoveled driveway.

It was such a pretty day - windless - allowing snow to rest thickly on tree limbs, fences and shrubs.   The first few hours were huge quiet clumps, my favorite.

A lovely way to spend a gentle Sunday weaving both words and tapestry.
Elena
"Head for the round house Maude, they can't corner us there!"

ella

• Expositor
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 01:12:55 PM »

I measurede the snow again this AM after the sun had been on it--a tad over 1.5 inches. The desert is beautiful, as is the area around my home. It is dripping now, so it will soon be gone.
Ella

Elena

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 01:51:59 PM »

Ella,
The snow covered desert sounds absolutely beautiful.  It is truly a lovely image.  I can see it in my mind's eye.  Thank you  8)
Elena
"Head for the round house Maude, they can't corner us there!"

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Donna Parker's Home Page
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 03:10:40 PM »

Oh, you are making me so homesick for snow.  Going on five years now since I've seen a good snowfall, but I guess I shouldn't wish for one here.  This part of Alabama isn't quite equpped to handle it.   :)  I love the muffled sounds and the quality of the light, especially at night when the snow cover reflects back and intensifies the light of moon and stars.

B L McAllister

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »

Snow?  Oh, you mean that white stuff we keep shoveling while the TV weather tells us we still don't have enough of it to water next years gardens, field crope, and people?  Glad you got some, provided you like and/or need it. Byron
Byron Leon McAllister.
Books by Byron and Kay McAllister can most easily be obtained as e-books or in print from the publisher at http://www.writewordsinc.com/ For "Undercover Nudist," the print version is an improved version of the ebook version. The others are the same in both formats.

krisneri

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 01:25:23 PM »

In Sedona we had 2-3 inches a few different times over the last weeks. So beautiful. I love watching it come down. My dog Annabelle -- a cocker spaniel; supposedly a water dog -- doesn't like getting her paws wet, so she won't walk on it.

Kris

Presidio

• Cub
  • Please be patient as I try to fill in my profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 04:31:10 PM »

Oh do I wish we could ship some of this off. Wouldn't that be great.

We moved to the Heartland. Somewhere under South Dakota. (Nebraska that is.) Came up from Texas near the Gulf Coast and Johnson Space Center. We didn't even have frost. I'd missed snow as I've lived all over and had romantic notion's of beautiful four seasons once again. That lasted about a month when we moved up during the worst snow storm they'd had in 20 years. Now I hate snow again. Miss fog.

Will trade snow for fog. No fog here. Not really. Where is here? Omaha. (I know.)  It's true the people here really arn't friendly. If you are nice they think something is wrong with you. LOL

Persidio

Peg H

• Ink Slinger
    • Doggoned Mysteries
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 08:34:48 PM »

:o Bite your tongue, Dave!  Do not wish snow into our area, please.  I've been enjoying this lovely, mild winter that we've been having for a change.  I am the one who has to shovel the white stuff here.  I swear, if we now get bombarded, I will phone you and let you know where to find the shovel to clean off my walks and driveway.   ;D  It's not THAT far a drive for you.

Peg H
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you haven’t tried before.

Dave Freas

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 08:50:25 PM »

:o Bite your tongue, Dave!  Do not wish snow into our area, please.  I've been enjoying this lovely, mild winter that we've been having for a change.  I am the one who has to shovel the white stuff here.  I swear, if we now get bombarded, I will phone you and let you know where to find the shovel to clean off my walks and driveway.   ;D  It's not THAT far a drive for you.

Peg H

Shovel snow?  Who shovels snow?  I sure don't.  That's why I have a 4 wheel drive truck!!!  ;D

Dave

penny

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 10:56:44 AM »

Snow??
I'd make do with some rain. My whole country would. We're having a drought. Very few days of heavy rain, and now - sunny skies again. We can't enjoy those, either, because the central and eastern parts have strong eastern desert winds. Freezing your ears off.

Penny
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

* Calendar
April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal