Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 91
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some words of encouragement and thanks  (Read 4881 times)

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Donna Parker's Home Page
Some words of encouragement and thanks
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »

I see so many people joining, but not many posting.  Maybe they're new writers just lurking and learning, so I would like to say a few words of encouragement.  When I found MWF--not too long after 1997--I had barely begun to think I might write for publication.  The wonderful people at MWF answered my many questions, encouraged me to keep on, helped me see things I needed to see.  Now, these many years later, I have seven published books to my name.  I'm sure some of our members have even more.  No, I'm not on any best seller list, and my publisher is a small one, but I have reached a place I never dared to imagine and MWF helped me get here.

Special thanks to all of you "old-timers" who have helped me in the past.  I appreciate you very much for your expert answers and encouragement--especially Lori, who created MWF, and Bob who has kept it alive!

All you new members out there, don't be afraid to make use of the excellent resources and wise people you will meet here at MWF.

linda

• Ink Slinger
Re: Some words of encouragement and thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »

I just wanted to add my agreement to dhparker's message, and additional encouragement to the new writers on the site.

If you really want to be a published writer, this is the site for you and I encourage you to utilize the help and information the members here offer you.  A lot of our members are published authors already, and we all love to share in the joy of your accomplishments as you work towards becoming a published author. 

I've often been amazed at how much information our members can provide, at how much experience they have in so many different fields.  And they never hesitate to get you the information, even taking their time to ask someone else for the infomation you need.

Like dhparker, I've found them to be so helpful and supportive in all the years that I've been here, they've almost become like family.

And, by the way, I've bought dhparker's books, they're excellent!

Linda

Lynette

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Lynette Hall Hampton
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »

I agree with Dhparker and Linda. This is a great place for old and new writers, though I've been away for some time. For some reason I wasn't able to get into the site for several months, but I'm now back. I do have a question. I would like to edit my profile because some things are wrong. I have a new website, and my email has changed. Could someone tell me how to edit thest things. I may be overlooking the edit button, but I can't find it.

Even those of us who have been here for years still have to ask questions,and I always seem to be the one asking the technical things.

Lynette

Andy Connor

• Cub
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 05:01:58 PM »

If you check the left hand near top of the screen, you'll see the HOME HELP SEARCH and PROFILE tags.  If you click on the PROFILE tag you go to the profile page, and on the left in small writing, it says 'modify'.  I have to admit, I've been around other Internet BBS systems, and this is certainly a little different rather than intuitive.

Hope that helps?

Lynette

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Lynette Hall Hampton
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 04:19:25 PM »

Thanks Andy.

I changed my website, but it wouldn't let me change my email address without my old password. I joined this group years ago and I've tried every password that I can remember, but didn't hit it. I guess my emails will continue to go to the email address I had before I moved five years ago. Thanks again for your help.

Lynette
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal