Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We have an Amazon store now. Link in the menu bar, and more info here.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome ahrneely!  (Read 71 times)

Bob Mueller

• Administrator
  • Ink-Stained Wretch
  • Benevolent Admin
    • More about me
Welcome ahrneely!
« on: March 10, 2017, 07:38:37 PM »

Welcome to MWF, ahrneely! Take a moment and introduce yourself. What do you write? Are you published? Who is your favorite author?

Enjoy your stay!
--
Bob

Sometimes it takes therapy to put the past behind you. Other times, it takes a 20 gallon trash bag and a couple of cinder blocks.

Ryan Neely

• Cub
    • Ahr Neely
Re: Welcome ahrneely!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »

Hey, Bob!

Thanks for the welcome! My name is Ryan "Ahr" Neely (the Ahr ... pronounced just like the letter R ... is a holdover nickname from college that is attached to every bit of my online presence, so I leave it there so people know).

What do I write? I'm all over the board (unfortunately). I've been writing science-fiction and fantasy for some time, both in the adult market and in a middle grade and YA market but have yet to see anything published. I write literary short stories for my writing group (because they don't adhere to the notion of genre fiction), and some of those have been published. However, through a series of misfortunate (they weren't quiet unfortunate, but they have yet to be proven as fortunate) events I've decided to switch gears and head into the hard-boiled detective story in an attempt to find a market I both love and who will love me ... somewhere I can write something I love and also meet genre standards. I've been reading and studying this genre for years but have always been drawn to sci-fi and fantasy because of the wonder it offers (which I'm also drawn to).

I have a two authors tied for favorite. I'm not sure which is winning. It's a toss up between Robin Hobb and Chuck Palahniuk.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Ryan
Ryan Neely
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
April 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal