Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read this important notice about the November 2018 outage.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 98
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome back, Vivian!  (Read 4123 times)

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Donna Parker's Home Page
Welcome back, Vivian!
« on: October 23, 2006, 07:48:14 AM »

So glad you're coming back to fiction writing and this forum. :)  Thanks for updating us on your life (up in welcome wagon).  We missed you!

penny

• Ink-Stained Wretch
Re: Welcome back, Vivian!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 10:53:05 AM »

Oh, Vivian! This is like a miracle!

I lost your E mail address but have been thinking of you lots! (Including when I waited for DH last winter while he was at a business meeting in the area where your sister in law lives...)

Wonderful to have you back - thanks Kathy!

Penny    :D

Brenda B.

• Wordsmith
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 01:47:21 PM »

I posted a welcome in the Welcome Wagon thread, but will do so here too. I am so glad you've picked up your pen again, Vivian. Hope you'll become a regular here as you were before. I missed you! (I tried to email you, too, but only had an old email because of a computer crash. So glad Kathy did the research and found you!)
Purchase the Alex Masters Mystery series consisting of: Dead Birds Don't Sing, JailBird, A Bird By Any Other Name, and SwanSong at writewordsinc.com or amazon.com
"Dead Birds..." and "Jailbird" are now available in print!

Zara

• Ink Slinger
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 03:19:27 PM »

;D Welcome Home VIVIAN! ;D
Zara

Vivian

• Wordsmith
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »

This is so nice! I am feeling overwhelmed. I don't even know how to mark all read! I feel like a newbie! Thanks all for the warm welcome! I tried to log in from work today and couldn't remember the link! But now I will be checking in constantly, like I used to. So - anyone want to fill me in on all the news? When I left, Maire had just had a baby (who is probably in kindergarten by now). Who got published? Who got married? Who did something wild and crazy and newsworthy? I haven't done any of those things, obviously, but I love to live vicariously (which I guess is why I write). Anyone think there would be interest in a true-crime book about sex offenders, with each chapter being a story about a different guy? That is the project I'm thinking of doing next as a segue back into respectability (I know this last part goes in some other thread, but please, bear with me, I have always been a bit technologically challenged).

Looking forward to all kinds of great advice,
Vivian

ArlineChase

• Wordsmith
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 12:42:45 PM »

Hello, old friend. :)

Glad to see you here. You have been sorely missed.

Updates: Gee, let's see. 

Good News: Joe (Zen) and Michelle got married and recently adopted a baby. Cute little girl.  Jane B's kids all got married and she has grandchildren who are more fun than writing, but they WILL grow annoying when they get older and she'll find the time and inspiration again.  Maire now has 2 little boys.  Ingrid left her "BIG" Publisher in favor of one who will take all the titles in her series and is also selling foreign rights like mad. Also has a new book out to rave reviews. Kathi Taylor is selling knitting books like mad.

So-so news: My publisher got sick and I bought her company, so 200 authors wouldn't be homeless, myself included. I'm having a good time with it and several of my best-selling authors are MWF members, including Brenda Bolden, Matthew L. Schoonover, Bob Legleitner,  Byron & Kay Mcallister, and Nellie? (Dolly LaMar). Sorry if i missed anyone, and being a best-selling author is a "Good News" kind of  thing, but my company is so small it only qualifies for "so-so." I am working on the third book in my new series, but can't find time to write. What else is new?

Sad, Sad, News: Bob Legleitner died. Help me out folks. I know we've lost more members, but my mind's a blank.

Arline :D

Ingrid

• Wordsmith
    • The Official IJ Parker site
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 01:05:42 PM »

Bob Kellogg died, too.

(I left St. Martin's for Penguin).

Ingrid

Jane B.

• Wordsmith
  • MWF Old-Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 03:42:09 PM »

And Celia!

I left a message in the Welcome Wagon Thread, too, Vivian.

Jane B.

Jane B.

• Wordsmith
  • MWF Old-Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 03:58:06 PM »

Oh, Vivian, forgot to include this--once you read your messages, this thing automatically notes that they've been read. When you go back to the list of threads, if there's a "NEW" button on the thread, it means there are messages there that you haven't read. If you click on the topic, you'll get all the messages. If you just click on the NEW botton, you'll only get the new ones. Pretty cool, huh?

Elena

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 08:30:17 AM »

Hi Vivian,

Welcome back, I just got back too, and am so delighted to see so many familiar faces.  I have thought of you often, especially when I hear the windchimes.  Given the nature of prime time tv right now seems as though your book would find a welcome home.

Elena
"Head for the round house Maude, they can't corner us there!"

Kate Maguire

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 01:16:40 PM »

Welcome back to you too, Elena! I've missed seeing your posts.  Didn't you have a doggie with health problems, or am I mis-remembering? At any rate, hope all's well with you and yours.

Kate

Golden

• Expositor
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »

Vivian,

It's such a wonderful bit of news to hear from you. Believe it or not, I thought about you just the other day. I was tempted to send an email, but thought but talked myself out of it. I haven't done anything "newsworthy", but I did do my first table-top dance on a dare. Yikes!! :o

Please visit often. Your absence, although known, has always been felt by the members.

Golden
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 42 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal