Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read this important notice about the November 2018 outage.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 85
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Yorwick!  (Read 5260 times)

Bob Mueller

• Administrator
  • Ink-Stained Wretch
  • Benevolent Admin
    • More about me
Welcome Yorwick!
« on: June 27, 2019, 02:13:28 PM »

Welcome to MWF, Yorwick! Take a moment and introduce yourself. What do you write? Are you published? Who is your favorite author?

Enjoy your stay!
--
Bob

Sometimes it takes therapy to put the past behind you. Other times, it takes a 20 gallon trash bag and a couple of cinder blocks.

Yorwick

• Cub
Re: Welcome Yorwick!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 02:32:47 PM »

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here.
I'm an author-animator-illustrator. I got my BFA in Traditional Animation at the School of Visual Arts in New York and then moved to Scotland, UK for seven years to get my PhD in Film Studies at the University of Edinburgh. I make stop motion animated short films in my studio in New York, work at an archaeological dig for half the year in Egypt (occupational hazard of being raised by an archaeologist) and write novels.

My debut novel, Digging in the Stars, was a Young Adult Sci-Fi about extraterrestrial archaeology (inspired in part by own childhood experiences growing up at archaeological sites and museums). It had a strong mystery subplot as well, relating to a cataclysmic disaster, a lost civilization and some frozen catacombs. It was published by Blaze Publishing (a small press) in 2017.

I've just completed a historical mystery for adult audiences about a disfigured American fighter pilot in 1920s Paris who stages a surreal theatrical operation to punish the traitors who destroyed his face and identity. It's actually inspired by my PhD dissertation, which was about Silent Era adaptations of 19th and early 20th century Gothic novels with a special emphasis on psychological and aesthetic representations of the monster figure. I'm in the process of sending out to agents.

Currently, I've just started work on a historical thriller set in WWI Paris about the facial prosthetics workshop of Anna Coleman Ladd. I'm doing a lot of research on gruesome murder methods and look forward to getting some useful tips here!

My tastes in fiction are pretty old-school. Some of my favorite authors include Jules Verne, Walter Scott, Robert Louis Stevenson and Maurice Leblanc.

By the way, if anyone's working on something related to film/animation history or technology  (especially early film), Gothic monsters, Egyptian archaeology, or related topics I'll be happy to talk :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 46 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal