Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who are we missing?  (Read 9104 times)

Jay Hartzler

• Scribbler
Who are we missing?
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »

Who of our little community has not yet signed in? I hate to have someone miss jumping ship. Do we need to contact them and let them know we moved? Where do we to get a bunch of change of address cards from the post office?

Jay

trying to be more involved
..."You just can't sing a depressing song when you're playing the banjo. You can't go, 'Oh Death and grief and sorrow and murder...'"

Steve Martin

Bob Mueller

• Administrator
  • Ink-Stained Wretch
  • Benevolent Admin
    • More about me
Re: Who are we missing?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 05:52:43 PM »

Off the top of my head, I know Scott Summit has not checked in, but we've corresponded, and he's having computer issues. Sarah Weinman also has not.

Who are the title/name geniuses who aren't here?

Lauri told me at one point she thought there were about 200 or so regulars, and we've only got 67 actual members registered here (I have 3 logins), so we're missing quite a few.

If you go to the old site, and click "More" on the menu bar, then click "Search Users," you can browse through the list and see what names are familiar, and which of those aren't here yet. This link should take you direct to the User List.

Edit: fixed URL
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 01:01:13 AM by Bob Mueller »
--
Bob

Sometimes it takes therapy to put the past behind you. Other times, it takes a 20 gallon trash bag and a couple of cinder blocks.

penny

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 04:23:07 AM »

Oh, I'm so happy you,ve been in touch with scOtt, Bob. I contacted him to RE joining, so I hope it works out.

Someone else I contacted is Matthew Shoonover, but I haven't heard from him yet.

Penny

Zen Mc

• Expositor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 10:54:27 AM »

Oh, I'm so happy you,ve been in touch with scOtt, Bob. I contacted him to RE joining, so I hope it works out.

Someone else I contacted is Matthew Shoonover, but I haven't heard from him yet.

Penny,

I talk with Matt on a regular basis off site.  I know he has been having some computer problems and may well be waiting to get registered over her until he has them under control.  Or, on the other hand -- He is also loyal as good hunting dog and may just be holding on over there out of respect until the close the doors.

Later,

Joe
Joe/Zen

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Donna Parker's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 02:47:27 PM »

A Matthew S. is already registered here.  I don't know for sure that it's Matthew of the excellent titles, but assumed so.

In case you haven't seen it, the "info center" at the bottom of the home page has a list of members registered.

Ingrid

• Wordsmith
    • The Official IJ Parker site
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 09:36:21 AM »

Is Byron in by now?  And what about Sarah?  She may be too busy to visit very often.

Ingrid

JIM DOHERTY

• Wordsmith
    • http://www.deadlyserious.com/JimDoherty
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 12:03:14 PM »

Being something of a cyber-klutz, I don't know how difficult this would be, but on other sites I've visited that have changed locations in the interim between visits, there was a link posted at the discontinued site leading to the new site.  Could something like that be rigged up so that people trying to log on at zott.com could be directed to ravensbeak.com?

Zara

• Ink Slinger
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 12:41:06 PM »

Being something of a cyber-klutz, I don't know how difficult this would be, but on other sites I've visited that have changed locations in the interim between visits, there was a link posted at the discontinued site leading to the new site.  Could something like that be rigged up so that people trying to log on at zott.com could be directed to ravensbeak.com?

Jim,

Bob said on the old site :
Lauri and I have agreed that I will take over MWF. I'm working with my hosting provider to move MWF to the same server my blog is on.

Tentative plans are for it to move to mwf.ravensbeak.com. The mysterywritersforum.com domain will stay alive, and point to mwf.ravensbeak.com much like how it now points to www.zott.com:8080/~4.

I'll be running a different software package, but only because my hosting provider has a couple of free ones.

Priceless Advice and Bookmarc will be saved and moved, as will the list of links at http://www.mysterywritersforum.com/links.htm. I'm not sure about other posts; it may be more effort than it's worth to move them over. We'll see.

Other than it looking a little different, I don't anticipate any major changes. As Lauri said, the people here are what make the community, not the software or how it looks.

We've got a whole month to get things switched over, so keep an eye on this thread for updates. It'll probably be at least a week before anything at the new site is set up.

-----------------
Is that what you're looking for???
Zara
Zara

JIM DOHERTY

• Wordsmith
    • http://www.deadlyserious.com/JimDoherty
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »

Zara,

Re your question:

"Is that what you're looking for???"

Not exactly.  I'm talking about if someone, like me, went directly to zott.com, instead of through mysterywritersforum.com, they'd ind a notice saying "MWF has moved," and a link to the new location.

Zara

• Ink Slinger
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »

Jim,

I guess Bob is the only one who could answer. But I think the link will be forwarded at the end of this month; when the site closes. I sort of remember somewhere in 'chat' a thread : 'MWF will survive' that when you'll click on MWF you'll land here.
But hey, maybe I was lost in translation (litterally ;) ) let's wait for Bob's answer...

Zara
Zara

Janet Koch

• Expositor
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 01:14:57 PM »

Has Charmaine been here yet?

Janet

Brenda B.

• Wordsmith
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

Or Caro?
Lee?
Purchase the Alex Masters Mystery series consisting of: Dead Birds Don't Sing, JailBird, A Bird By Any Other Name, and SwanSong at writewordsinc.com or amazon.com
"Dead Birds..." and "Jailbird" are now available in print!

Caro

• Wordsmith
    • Caro's Place
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 04:20:48 PM »

I'm here!  Wouldn't miss it for anything! 

A lot of the registered ones back on the old site have been among the missing for some time, I suspect.

Caro
Drag Queen in the Court of Death
http://www.carosoles.com

Lynette

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Lynette Hall Hampton
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 09:50:05 PM »

I just checked the old site and it had one message. It was Jo Rockhill. She said she couldn't link to this site. Maybe somebody could give her a suggestion. All I know to do is click on the link to this site that Bob originally posted.

Lynette

Brenda B.

• Wordsmith
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 11:49:24 PM »

What about Maire? Has she signed in? Has anyone contacted her if she hasn't?
Purchase the Alex Masters Mystery series consisting of: Dead Birds Don't Sing, JailBird, A Bird By Any Other Name, and SwanSong at writewordsinc.com or amazon.com
"Dead Birds..." and "Jailbird" are now available in print!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

* Calendar
April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal