Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New Profile Fields Available. More info here.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 75
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: email comes complete with all code  (Read 6056 times)

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
    • Donna Parker's Home Page
email comes complete with all code
« on: December 12, 2006, 11:30:04 AM »

I have an email acquaintance whose mail suddenly started coming with all the usually hidden code showing.  Here's a teeny sample:

+AFs'shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/email+AF8-address'+AF0AfQ, lw+AF8-1165940946+AF8-9: +AHs text: 'Washington State', weight: 0.817342, type: +AFs'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state'+AF0 , metaData: +AHs geoArea: +ACI-175204+ACI, geoCountry: +ACI-United States+ACI, geoIsoCountryCode: +ACI-US+ACI, geoLocation: +ACI(-120.8246, 47.273071)+ACI

She's mailing from work and her IT guys can't figure out what's wrong.  Could it be on my end?  Mine is a yahoo mail address, if that might make a difference.

Quite a workout for a mystery writer to find the hidden text in amongst the code.    :P

Susan August

• Ink Slinger
Re: email comes complete with all code
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:45:12 PM »

Do you have an alternate email address to eliminate the yahoo question?  You could try getting a hotmail or gmail free account just to test the hypothesis that this is a yahoo issue.  Alternatively, your acquaintance could send the same note to another person with a non-yahoo account to investigate this.

Nothing like creating a mystery for a mystery forum to solve, I say!

Susan

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 08:58:58 AM »

Thanks, Susan.  Can't blame it on yahoo this time.  She went to another address and everything's fine with it, but still nobody knows why the first one didn't work.  This is one mystery I sure can't solve.   :D

B L McAllister

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 06:49:05 PM »

I have an email acquaintance whose mail suddenly started coming with all the usually hidden code showing.  Here's a teeny sample:

+AFs'shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/email+AF8-address'+AF0AfQ, lw+AF8-1165940946+AF8-9: +AHs text: 'Washington State', weight: 0.817342, type: +AFs'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state'+AF0 , metaData: +AHs geoArea: +ACI-175204+ACI, geoCountry: +ACI-United States+ACI, geoIsoCountryCode: +ACI-US+ACI, geoLocation: +ACI(-120.8246, 47.273071)+ACI

She's mailing from work and her IT guys can't figure out what's wrong.  Could it be on my end?  Mine is a yahoo mail address, if that might make a difference.

Quite a workout for a mystery writer to find the hidden text in amongst the code.    :P

Using the code from a certain recent best-seller, I can easily make out that it's about Mary Magdalene, but the details are a bit harder to see.  Perhaps if you publish it widely, some kind soul will publish a best-selling annotated version and make millions that the original sender should have made.

Byron
Byron Leon McAllister.
Books by Byron and Kay McAllister can most easily be obtained as e-books or in print from the publisher at http://www.writewordsinc.com/ For "Undercover Nudist," the print version is an improved version of the ebook version. The others are the same in both formats.

dhparker

• Ink-Stained Wretch
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 07:34:46 AM »

Using the code from a certain recent best-seller, I can easily make out that it's about Mary Magdalene, but the details are a bit harder to see.  Perhaps if you publish it widely, some kind soul will publish a best-selling annotated version and make millions that the original sender should have made.

Byron

;D  ...or maybe it's the spirit of computers past trying to send us an urgent message...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal