Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

MWF is on Twitter. Follow @MystryWrtrs for forum tweets. See who we're following.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: highly independent minded printers  (Read 4628 times)

B L McAllister

• Ink-Stained Wretch
highly independent minded printers
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »

Usually, I don't need to print out my e-mails, which is hunky-dory.  But sometimes it's necessary, and what I can't figure out is, how does my printer decide what size type to use.  Regardless of the type size on the screen, sometimes it comes out kinda like this and sometimes more  like this. The funny thing is, my old printer had the same habit.  I've sought in vain for a way to tell each what size type I'd like for the print out, but both go their own way.  The same thing can happen when I print a web page, though it's less common.  Does anybody know what magic word computer scientists hide the hints on printing size under, so I can try again to exert mastery over the blamed things?

Byron
Byron Leon McAllister.
Books by Byron and Kay McAllister can most easily be obtained as e-books or in print from the publisher at http://www.writewordsinc.com/ For "Undercover Nudist," the print version is an improved version of the ebook version. The others are the same in both formats.

Elena

• Ink-Stained Wretch
Re: highly independent minded printers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »

Byron,

As far as I've been able to determine it is a vagary of email programs and not reachable by mere mortals - the only way I have found around it is to copy and paste the contents into my word processor, scale it to my needs and print from there.

I would be delighted if there were a simpler solution, but there really doesn't seem to be any access to the hidden world of received emails.

Elena
"Head for the round house Maude, they can't corner us there!"

Tony

• Scribbler
Re: highly independent minded printers
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 03:31:34 AM »

Infrequently I have to print Emails too; I agree with Elena, copy and paste it to word then muck about with the font etc till your happy then print from there.  Otherwise you might get stuck with printing all the adds that often come with emails and thus waste your ink.

Tony... :)
"A man may forget his triumphs
whilst his failures shape him"
Julius Caesar
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal