Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 82
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: screen size  (Read 3532 times)

kathie

• Cub
screen size
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:58:52 AM »

You can tell how far gone I am technologically speaking by the fact that it took five minutes of searching to figure out how to start a new post.
My computer turned up its toes this morning. No doubt about it, the poor thing is not going to be resurrected.
I haven't lost much of anything, I  hope. A lot of photos, but I'm such a pitiful photographer that any picture I've ever taken that was any good, I've emailed to everybody I know, so they're out there. I'm using a borrowed laptop at the moment.
Yes, i'm getting to my question: why is it on newer computer screens some (most) websites come out occupying about half the screen space and tiny? Is there anything I can do about it? I've tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to make a difference. It doesn't strike me as an improvement.
On a related note, I am now forced into buying my very own laptop. Any suggestions? Cheap ones? Yes, I know, there are no cheap laptops. Least expensive, then.
Thanks in advance.

Kathie

#IV of the UP mysteries, coming December, 2007 Poisoned Pen Press

B L McAllister

• Ink-Stained Wretch
Re: screen size
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 12:36:20 PM »

... my question: why is it on newer computer screens some (most) websites come out occupying about half the screen space and tiny? Is there anything I can do about it? I've tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to make a difference. It doesn't strike me as an improvement.
My current version of MSInternet Explorer features, down in the lower right hand corner, a "100%" symbol, adjacent to a little black triangle.  I never noticed it before, so maybe it's new?  Anyway, when I click on the triangle, it lets me choose the zoom level of the screen.  If I set it for less than 100%, the screen shrinks and the "100%" symbol changes.  Maybe you can use this technique to obtain a zoom level more to your liking. 
Byron
Byron Leon McAllister.
Books by Byron and Kay McAllister can most easily be obtained as e-books or in print from the publisher at http://www.writewordsinc.com/ For "Undercover Nudist," the print version is an improved version of the ebook version. The others are the same in both formats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal