Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

MWF is on Twitter. Follow @MystryWrtrs for forum tweets. See who we're following.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An FBI Agent and a NYC Detective walk into a bar ...  (Read 53 times)

S_M_Walker

• Cub
  • Warning: Amature Writer Here!
An FBI Agent and a NYC Detective walk into a bar ...
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:13:32 PM »

Now that I've got your attention I'd like a little advice, please.

I'm currently writing a crime novel about two serial killers, brothers, who have continually evaded FBI capture. The FBI gets close then poof they're gone. the Agent in charge suspects that they have someone on the inside feeding them information to avoid capture. (Not sure if it's an unknown relative or someone they have something on.) I'm curious, is it realistic to have the FBI agent get the phones messages, text messages and emails of the other agents working the case? Possibly phones tapped?  ???

Now on to the NYC Detective, he's been best friends with the FBI agent since they were kids. The Detective's fiance gets taken, but there is no sign of force and the detective doesn't know about the serial killers. The car she was in is found out of state. Locals law enforcement thinks that she just took off, he knows her better than that. It hasn't been 48 hours so he can't file a missing person report yet but he knows something is not right. Do you think it's a good idea for him to skirt the law and get someone to hack the traffic cameras to try and identify who had her?

I'm planning on having both eventually figure out that they are looking for the same people and work together to find her before time runs out for her.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!
Curiosity killed the cat ... it's a good thing I'm not a cat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
April 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
[30]

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal