Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

MWF is on Twitter. Follow @MystryWrtrs for forum tweets. See who we're following.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Stefano Trucco!  (Read 3263 times)

Bob Mueller

• Administrator
  • Ink-Stained Wretch
  • Benevolent Admin
    • More about me
Welcome Stefano Trucco!
« on: May 09, 2021, 02:53:54 AM »

Welcome to MWF, Stefano Trucco! Take a moment and introduce yourself. What do you write? Are you published? Who is your favorite author?

Enjoy your stay!
--
Bob

Sometimes it takes therapy to put the past behind you. Other times, it takes a 20 gallon trash bag and a couple of cinder blocks.

Stefano Trucco

• Cub
Re: Welcome Stefano Trucco!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 10:05:46 AM »

Good morning,
I'm an italian writer, already published in Italy. I was born and live in Genova (Genoa) and work as a librarian.
My first novel, 'Fight Night' (2014) was set in Genoa today and was about a kick boxing match between two young fighter, Alessandro and Ettore, that gets way out of hand.
In 2019 I published my second novel, 'Il Gran Bazar del XX secolo', a horror story inspired by H. P. Lovecraft and set again in Genoa, in the last weeks of WWII: nazis, fascists, partisans and Cthulhu.
I also published a short novel called '1958. A story of the Atomic Age'. It's an uchronia set in an Italy where there was no fascism, Italy was among the good guys in the war, there's still the monarchy and we get the atomic bomb.
The novel I'm writing now gets back to Fight Night: one of the two main characters, Alessandro, is now a MMA fighter in New York, and also a model (yes, they exists: I checked). Not very succesful in either job, he ends up as the main suspect in the murder of his american girlfriend and to save himself he's forced to think and discovers he can actually do it.
I've been in New York two times, when I was young, in 1988 and 1992. I was set to visit last summer to reacquaint myself but you know what happened. Anyway, few cities in the world are cities of the imagination as dear old Gotham.
Actually it's more a psychological novel on the character of failed but unbowed italian alpha male but I decided on a crime plot, since in Italy is by far the most popular genre of fiction. The provisional title is 'Woke'.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 10:14:08 AM by Stefano Trucco »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* Calendar
March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 45 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal