The Business of Writing > Publicity & Promotion

help?? Boy, do I need it!

(1/2) > >>

dhparker:
Wheee.  I get to post the first topic in this part of the forum.  I'm posting from desperation.  Some of you know my husband teaches in a private school.  Saturday they are having their annual "Fall Festival".  For $20, I can have a space to sell my books.  Or try to sell my books.  I have three titles available.  It'll be a little like a signing, a little like a flea market.

So, here's the question.  How do I "dress" my space, which is basically a card table, to attract attention to the books?  I have some little give-aways and cover art (app. 10x13) for the book that was released Oct. 1.

Some of the people who will be there are familiar with my books and have already read them, so it won't be totally hostile territory, but I scare easily.  ::)

I would love to hear any suggestions you have or stories about what has worked for you--keeping in mind this is a Christian school and I'm a very shy person.  ;D

Thanks!

Kathy Wendorff:
Donna, if you 1) go to this site:    http://www.mysterypromotion.com 

and 2)  click on the "Articles" button on the side

and then 3) scroll down to "Book Signing in a Bag" and click that ,

you might get some ideas. I have no idea how realistic the suggestions are, but bookmarked this site when someone on another list recommended it, because it sounded practical.

Good luck!

Kathy W.

Susan August:
Donna,

I'd bring food, especially if you bake.  Great ice breaker for someone who is shy, and it will definitely attract people to your table!  If the goodies can be tied in with your book theme, all the better.

Good luck!

Susan

Janet Koch:
I was going to send you to a website with lots of ideas, but I see Kathy already did that! I really like the "book signing tablecloth"  (Under "articles".)  Looks very nice. Well, from the picture on the website it looks nice :)

Good luck to you, Donna!

Janet

dhparker:
Thanks, ladies!  The website is great, and so is the idea about goodies.  The tablecloth caught my eye, too.  I already have some of that transfer paper around the house, so I may give it a try.  I appreciate the help and good wishes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version