Mystery Writers Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New Profile Fields Available. More info here.

collapse collapse
* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: December 03, 2021, 03:03:23 PM 
Started by VetteRanger - Last post by VetteRanger
Come to WritingForums.com

Unfortunately, this site has been dead for years now, and I haven't been able to get the site Administrator to answer a message in two weeks. I tried in good faith to contact him about joining forces ... but simply no answer on the subject. That's sad.

WF is developing a Mystery Writers section, and those are almost impossible to find these days.

on: December 02, 2021, 12:42:48 PM 
Started by David BM - Last post by VetteRanger
Hi David,

Doesn't look like you're going to find that here. Not even the staff has been involved for more than three years now. Trying WritingForums.com.

on: November 22, 2021, 11:17:11 PM 
Started by Chuck - Last post by VetteRanger
Hi Chuck,
Interesting question. Here is what I know about the status of intellectual property on the internet at the moment. Basically it is illegalish - It's a definite grey area. One of the things it depends on is who actually owns the copyright. This is a very difficult area since in both Google and Yahoo supported blogs or forums the contents are claimed by the companies. It's in the fine print. Even e-mails and photos transmitted via Google.  Google clearly (but buried in very fine print) claims all copyright to anything that passes through any of their services.

Elena

This is absolutely 100% incorrect. It's one of those conspiracy-theory rumors people like to start, and in the 12 years since that comment, you'd have heard MANY big stinks about it--very public--by this time if there was even an ounce of truth in that claim.

on: November 22, 2021, 04:31:14 PM 
Started by Bob Mueller - Last post by VetteRanger
Hi Bob,

Are you actively running the site these days? It looks like you've only had automated welcomes for better than two years now.

VR

on: November 22, 2021, 01:24:51 PM 
Started by MWF Bot - Last post by VetteRanger
It really needs all that markup edited out to be useful.

on: November 21, 2021, 10:22:46 PM 
Started by Bob Mueller - Last post by Bob Mueller
Welcome to MWF, VetteRanger! Take a moment and introduce yourself. What do you write? Are you published? Who is your favorite author?

Enjoy your stay!

on: November 17, 2021, 10:09:56 PM 
Welcome to MWF, susancriss! Take a moment and introduce yourself. What do you write? Are you published? Who is your favorite author?

Enjoy your stay!

on: November 08, 2021, 03:15:21 PM 
Welcome to MWF, thom mckinney! Take a moment and introduce yourself. What do you write? Are you published? Who is your favorite author?

Enjoy your stay!

on: October 29, 2021, 10:59:49 AM 
Started by David BM - Last post by David BM
New here and new to writing. Just started a couple months ago, I find it a slow process with a lot of research. But, am enjoying every step.
Would be interested in finding someone to bounce ideas off of and ask questions.
My MC is a retired detective, now a Private Eye that owns a book store. Based in the 1930s with a flair of local/regional history.

on: October 28, 2021, 03:00:05 PM 
Started by Bob Mueller - Last post by David BM
Thank you for the welcome, Bob.
Brand new here and new to writing.
Recently retired and a lot of extra time on my hands now that golf season is over haha.
I have been thinking of writing for several years but never put the gears in motion, until about a month ago.
I have joined a couple of other groups but they are just not a good fit for me or what I'm looking for.
Since the title of this forum fits my interest I thought I would give it a try.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

* Calendar
December 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Paying the bills...

* Forum Staff
admin Bob Mueller
Administrator
admin MWF Bot
Administrator
gmod MysteryAdmin
Global Moderator
gmod laurihart
Global Moderator

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 34 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal